RAINBOWS REMOVALS

Rainbows Removals was established in 1922 by Mr Frederick Rainbow who was an engine driver for GWR based in Tyseley. Being late for work for the second time in ten years, he was told that if this was to happen again he would be asked to leave; on thinking things over he went to work the next day, resigned from his position and bought his first removal van.

Mr Frederick Rainbow sadly died in 1965 aged 75 leaving the firm to his son Raymond Rainbow aged 38. He began working with his father at just 14 years old and between them they shaped the business into what it is today.

By progressing the company forward in 1990 Ray bought a plot of land and impressively built his own “120 containerised warehouse”, this was the crowning glory of his career. Sadly he died in 2007 at the age of 80 leaving behind a remarkable work ethic by never having a day off work!.

The company was then passed down to his two sons Martin and Simon who were at the ripe old age of 54 and 50 respectively. And who still operate the company to this day. The fourth generation waiting in the wings to take over is Miss Fiona Rainbow who at this moment is studying business studies, IT and accountancy in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and we hope it has given you an insight into the wonderful history of Rainbows Removals!

96 Years in the removal trade and still going strong!

1953 Morris 8 Z Van

This Morris van is believed to be one of the last ones made before the introduction of the Morris Minor. This vehicle was brought from the well-known dealership of Oliver U Tallet in Birmingham May 1953 by the late Mr Frederick Rainbow for the princely sum of £756.00. After undergoing a full body restoration in 1980 it is still in daily use delivering packing materials in and around the Birmingham area.